Location: Dubai, UAE
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience Design Management role
- Shall be aware about the requirements of the local authorities in Dubai.
- Previous Middle East Experience is a preferred.
- Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required
- Management of multiple projects and portfolios.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Under the direction of the Project Director, the Senior Design Manager will provide the oversight, management and administration services for the Design Consultancy services.
- Facilitate the implementation and execution of all Project Controls, working with available project resources, to include programmes, design schedules, cost control, progress reports and records.
- Responsible for overall direction, technical support and control of the Design programme and Design work plan with direct responsibility for design review, coordination, monitoring design schedules, design drawings / documentation, and bid process.
- Facilitate, chair and minute weekly coordination meetings or conference calls with the design consultants
- Prepare Requests for Proposals [RFP] and Information packages for consultants and other project participants
- Monitor DSA design team and consultants performance in the conduct of design according to the established packaging strategy, including adherence to programme, cost, standards, codes, design coordination activities, and the production of construction bid documentation which would include providing assistance to obtain appropriate approvals from local regulatory authorities.
- Develop and update DSA design guidelines, Newforma usage protocol ensuring compliance by all design team members by policing the same. This may entail tutoring the team as required with support of respective Design Leads.
- Review design solutions proposed by the design team, ensuring that the design is the best in terms of
o Health and Safety
o Fit for purpose, functionality, and aesthetic compliance
- Assist the Project Coordinator / Design Architect as required, for the implementation, all required schedules and log records for the use in managing, tracking, coordination, reporting and record keeping.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoting the job title “SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER” in the subject line.