Location: Dubai, UAE
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Architecture role
- Management of multiple projects and portfolios
- High proficiency in Revit software
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Project Experience: Hospitality, Residential & Mixed-Use
- Previous Role Experience: Multi-Disciplinary Lead Coordination, Production Team Management
Previous Middle East experience working in an is an advantage.
- Working closely with the Project Director to establish and agree scope of work and responsibilities of this role on the projects.
- Provide the supervision, management and administration services for the Design Consultant services, reporting directly to the Project Director.
- Responsible for leading the design team - supervising the team and providing overall direction, technical support and control the Design programme & Design work plan with direct responsibility for design review, coordination, monitor design schedules, design drawings/ documentation.
- Facilitate, chair and minute weekly coordination meetings or conference calls with the relevant consultants.
- Ensure that all QC measures are strictly adhered to by the design architectural team and other disciplines.
- In conjunction with the various design teams, identify variations and programme delays, manage and assist in the preparation of issuing claims and EOT requests.
- Coordinate and communicate with client/ consultants/ hotel operator team, other disciplines, suppliers and subconsultants to have optimal details, drawings, submittals etc. within the budget/ time constraints.
- Coordinate and consolidate all drawings to ensure there are no conflict.
- Coordinate daily with the design teams across all design stages ensuring technical issues are addressed and approvals are obtained.
- Review Architectural and other discipline drawings and submittals to ensure standardization, compliance of the design as specified.
- Coordinate with Local Authorities related to all necessary architectural and other discipline requirements for the project.
- Ability to plan and monitor project schedules & project deliverables in accordance with the project contracts, determine factors affecting the design such as client preferences, requirements and budget.
- Ability to formulate designs to be practical, aesthetic and conductive to intended standards, purpose and function.
- Responsible to advise the client on practicality of their project, render design ideas and produce preliminary architectural drawings and finishing schedules.
- Ability to maintain a thorough project record, including all client approvals and all drawings and related documents to the projects.
- Participate in value-engineering exercise, conduct design review and prepare design review reports.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoting the job title “PROJECT ARCHITECT” in the subject line.